We thrive based on the funds contributed by individual, group and corporate donors across the Charlotte community. Our cost efficient, high volume book distribution model ensures your contribution is making an impact on the students in our community.
It costs us around $1 to distribute a book to a local child. With every dollar that is donated, you are helping Promising Pages provide another book to a child living in the Charlotte area Book Desert. We invite you to become part of our effort to end the Book Desert with your own promise of support!
We are continually inspired by the companies, groups and organizations that recognize the power home libraries have on elevating education and who partner with us to provide them to our students. We offer several ways for corporations to get involved and invite you to find out more today.
Kelly Cates, Deputy Director
We are always in need of children’s books in like new and gently used condition, especially those for pre-k through fifth grade. To coordinate a book drive in your neighborhood, school, business or place of worship, learn how here.
We appreciate donations of: new, like new, & gently used children’s books – ages birth to high school
We cannot accept: damaged books, school text books, encyclopedias, magazines, CDs, or DVDs
200 books or more: Email [email protected] to schedule a time to drop off your books in person at our Operations Center.
Less than 200 books: visit one of our book drop-off locations listed below. If you’d like to receive a donation acknowledgement, please be sure to include a slip of paper with your name, contact info and the number of books you donated.
Our 24-hour South End donation bin is across the street from 204 E. Peterson Dr. Charlotte, NC 28217. Look for the brown metal bin, with our logo on it, outside of the CBI warehouse fence.
*Please note we do not have the capacity to pick books up.
Book Drop-Off Locations:
The following locations have outdoor donation bins that can be accessed anytime:
- Promising Pages South End Donation Bin (Operations Center) – Across the street from 204 E. Peterson Dr., Charlotte, NC 28217
- Mr. Putty’s Fun Park: Miniature Golf – 2333 Dam Rd., Tega Cay, SC 29708
Indoor collection bins that can only be accessed when the buildings are open (click on the links for more details):
- The Cornwell Center – 2001 Selwyn Ave., Charlotte, NC 28207
- Tillman Insurance Advisors (South Blvd.) – 6407 South Blvd., Suite L, Charlotte, NC 28217
- Tillman Insurance Advisors (Ballantyne) – 8440 Rea Rd., Suite P, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Uwharrie Bank – 5231 Piper Station Dr., Suite 100, Charlotte, NC 28277
- Matthews Ballroom + Events – 189 N. Trade St., Matthews, NC 28105
- Second Look Books – 4519 School House Commons, Suite 230, Harrisburg, NC 28075
- Sweet Frog Concord – 8528 Pit Stop Ct., NW #10, Concord, NC 28027
- Sweet Frog Afton Ridge – 6165 Bayfield Parkway, Concord, NC 28027
- Compost Central Recycling Center – 140 Valleydale Rd, Charlotte, NC 28214 (NEW!)
Contact to donate
Dana Barber, Operations & Volunteer Coordinator
Promising Pages South End Donation Bin (Operations Center)
204 e Peterson Drive, Charlotte, NC
Mr. Putty's Fun Park: Miniature Golf
2333 Dam Rd, Tega Cay
Sweet Frog Concord
8528 Pit Stop Ct NW #10, Concord
Sweet Frog Afton Ridge
6165 Bayfield Parkway, Concord, NC 28027
The Cornwell Center
2001 Selwyn Avenue, Charlotte, NC
Tillman Insurance Advisors - South Blvd.
6407 South Blvd Suite L, Charlotte, NC 28217
Tillman Insurance Advisors - Ballantyne Location
8440 Rea Road Ste P Charlotte
5231 Piper Station Dr suite 100, Charlotte
Matthews Ballroom + Events
189 N. Trade St. Matthews
Second Look Books
4519 School House Commons Suite 230, Harrisburg, NC 28075
Compost Central Recycling Center
140 Valleydale Rd, Charlotte
Volunteering Your Time
We are currently in need to 1-3 volunteers each day to help us clean and sort books in our Operations Center. If you are interested in helping us, please email our Volunteer Coordinator at the address below to express interest.
Please visit our COVID-19 Update page for more information on how you can get involved and support our efforts until we are able to welcome volunteer groups back. We’re keeping the information below on this page for future reference. Thank you!!
We receive donations of thousands of books each month, but before books go out to our bookworms they must be counted, cleaned, stamped, and sorted.
- To help out, you can volunteer at our Operations Center as an individual, as a family, or as a group of up to 25 people. Even kids as young as age 8 are welcome to pitch in as long as they are accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- You can also host a volunteer event at your location, perfect for companies, schools, places of worship or other groups looking to give back to the community. Or you can assist with our in-school programming, Bookworm Bootcamp & Books on Break.
- Prefer to help out on your own terms? You can write bookworm letters, which are special notes from grown-up bookworms that are given our young bookworms in Title I schools to encourage them to keep reading daily.
Whatever your interest, Promising Pages has a way for you to get involved. For more details visit our Volunteer Calendar or
Contact to volunteer
Dana Barber, Operations & Volunteer Corrdinator