Our innovative programs put books in the hands of children and put students on the path to success through a life-long love of reading.
Hear what some of our 1st grade Bookworm Bootcamp students have to say about being a reader!
Promising Pages is the leading distributor of upcycled children’s books in the Charlotte area. We make it easy and affordable for groups working with under-resourced children to get books at low to no cost.
- Books are distributed through partnerships with more than 100+ community partners.
- Almost 700,000 books distributed to tens of thousands of children since 2012.
To learn more about contributing or receiving donated books, please send your written request and timeline to [email protected].
Books on Break
The Books on Break program provides FREE pop-up book fairs, at targeted CMS elementary schools, before summer breaks. Students get the opportunity to select five books to read over the break, a drawstring bag to keep them in, and other fun items that encourage students to read every day throughout the summer!
Bookworm Bootcamp is geared toward 1st graders, at Title I and Charter schools in Charlotte’s most under-served neighborhoods.
- Our “Professional Bookworms” visit title I classrooms, throughout the school year, building home libraries and teaching skills that make reading fun!
- Bookworm Bootcamp was designed to build student’s home libraries, increase positive attitudes towards books & reading, and increase students’ nightly reading habits.
- By the end of the program, each student has a home library of approximately 25 books, which will help remove them from the Charlotte area Book Desert.
Team Read Internship
Seeking organized and motivated individuals to serve as Team Read interns for a local, thriving early literacy-based nonprofit. Strong time management and interpersonal skills are required. Our Team Read Internship Program is an opportunity for personal and professional growth as well as a great resume builder! Interns work with our Program Coordinator and Operations and Volunteer Coordinator to facilitate and maintain the operations of the non-profit organization. You must be 17 years or older to apply.
Due to the COVID 19 Pandemic, we are no longer accepting applications for our Team Read 2020 Internship.