Our innovative programs put books in the hands of children and put students on the path to success through a life-long love of reading.
Promising Pages is the leading distributor of upcycled children’s books in the Charlotte area. We make it easy and affordable for groups working with under-resourced children to get books at low to no cost.
- Books are distributed through partnerships with more than 90+ social service partners.
- 540,000+ books distributed to tens of thousands of children since 2012.
To learn more about contributing or receiving donated books, please send your written request and timeline to [email protected].
Books on Break
Books on Break is a free program designed to provide books for children from select Title I or under-resourced area schools to enjoy when school is out of session. Conducted in partnership with Read Charlotte and other community partners, the goal is to reach 10,000 students through book fairs to be held before summer break.
Bookworm Bootcamp is geared toward 1st and 2nd graders, at Title I and Charter schools in Charlotte’s most underserved neighborhoods.
- Our mascot Erma the Bookworma visits title I classrooms, throughout the school year, building home libraries and teaching skills that make reading fun!
- Bookworm Bootcamp was designed to build student’s home libraries, increase positive attitudes towards books & reading, and increase students’ nightly reading habits.
- By the end of the program, each student has a home library of approximately 25 books, removing them from the Charlotte Book Desert.
Team Read Internship
Seeking organized and motivated individuals to serve as Team Read 2020 interns for a local, thriving early literacy-based nonprofit. Strong time management and interpersonal skills are required. Our Team Read 2020 Internship Program is an opportunity for personal and professional growth as well as a great resume builder! Interns will work with the Program Coordinator and Operations and Volunteer Coordinator to facilitate and maintain the operations of the non-profit organization. You must be 17 years or older to apply.